February 22, 2010

Not to blame anyone…

Ok, I’ve been in a rut.  I just haven’t been able to bring myself to blogging lately.  I’m so sorry.  It may have been the five weeks of illness, winter sports leagues, other responsibilities pulling me left and right, but to be honest it wasn’t any of those excuses.  It was this little angel:

DSCF7282

This little angel, despite having Roseola and RSV this winter, has decided to go on a developmental spurt.  He  has started walking, crawling only when needed and as a result do this:

DSCF7400

and some more of this:

DSCF7403

 

And on top of that, he’s only wanted to take his naps while picking up my kindergartner from school in the middle of the day or his sister in the afternoon.  Don’t tell anyone, I have resorted to letting him nap in the car.  If I run my errand remotely around 10:30 a.m he is guaranteed to be asleep wherever I’m going.  So, I have sat in my car trying to give him a few more minutes of sleep, I have even left him in the car parked in the garage, I do check in on him.

This has resulted in my free time being spent, picking up after him, rearranging my cabinets and placing locks on them, checking in on him and trying to get him to sleep in his crib.

I don’t want to jinx myself, but I think we have baby proofed the house fairly well, and best of all, I think he’s getting the idea that he needs to sleep in his crib.  That may possibly mean that I may have more than 20 minutes to get my head together in my house, not in my car.  Shhh, I didn’t just say that.  You’ll know if it works, if I start posting more.  Keep those fingers crossed if for no other reason for my sanity.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds like you guys have had a rough winter. I totally understand the napping in the car thing. That was always my backup plan when my kids were younger.

Mamma Look said...

I just keep waiting for Children's Services to pop up ;-)My argument was that it just not good for a baby to sleep deprived either, right?!

Kate Hall said...

car napping is wonderful! house napping is way better as mama can run around and DO things... but cars can become book breaks. I always go 20 minutes early to school pickup to get my little one to nap. oh well.