December 1, 2009

My Husband Called Me a Geek

While I was reading some blog about Donny Osmond on Dancing with the Stars, I was lead to a link on Hulu.  Hulu?  What is that?  It's cable for your computer.

I don't know about you, but I really can't stand to watch TV these days.  My favorite day is Wednesday because I can watch NCIS on USA.  Otherwise there really isn't a lot on.  There is V, but I'm forgetting to TIVO it, then there is Desperate Housewives, but otherwise, I'm just flipping around just trying to find something with a storyline.

So today, I found Hulu.  It’s a website that offers tons of shows for free, and return you have to sit through a couple of 30 second commercials.  Honestly I don’t think there are two minutes worth of commercials.  There are tons of shows to click on, such as the pilot for V that I missed the first critical 15 minutes.  I'm going to watch it, but today I watched a Lou Grant episode.  It was great.  I loved looking at the dial telephones, metal desks, and the 70's cars driving by and in fact I enjoyed storyline.  Next time Monday or Tuesday rolls around and I want to watch some TV and WWF is on instead of NCIS, I am tuning into Hulu.  So, my husband has called me a geek for watching 70's and 80's programming.  What  can I say, I'm a child of the 70's and the 80's.  I’m sure I will be watching RhodaMary Tyler Moore or even 21 Jump Street down the road.

PS my husband is watching Lou Grant right now, who really is the geek?

2 comments:

nope said...

Oh! I love Rhoda and Mary!!!

"Mr. Graaannt!"

Mamma Look said...

I always wanted to toss the hat into the air!