May 12, 2009

Hot Cocoa



My tenure on the Teacher Appreciation committee is over for this year. I wanted to post what we did this last year, because I was desperate for ideas last summer. The parents were kind enough to bring in dinner for Parent Teacher Conferences, and appetizers for a teacher in-service day. The PTO purchased doughnuts, and during Teacher Appreciation week had a lunch brought in and on Friday we brought in pies, which went over very well.

In addition, to the food during teacher appreciation week, we brought in mints with the sign "You are worth a "Mint" to us", and cans of pop with the message "'Soda you know how much we appreciate you." The children brought in flowers, cookies, drawings, notes and other individual tokens of appreciation during the week.

The picture above is from January. They are hot cocoa packets with the not "Here's a cup a cheer for all you do."

It was a fun year, and overall I think the teachers and school staff saw how much we appreciate all the effort they put into our children.

1 comment:

Jen said...

CREATIVE much??? You're awesome! :)

Thanks for coming over to my blog. I approved your comment and then I had to look back through a bunch of posts to figure out which one you commented on - LOL!

Looking forward to reading more.